Last Updated (Effective Date): January 30, 2019
Our Data Protection Officer
- OTOY’s Services
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
- How Your Personal Information May Be Disclosed
- Payment Information
- International Data Use
- Tracking and Targeted Advertising
- Social Media Widgets
- Third Party Sites and Services
- User Generated Content
- Contact Us
- Additional Information For European Union Users
When you use OTOY’s products, services, software and/or website (“Site”) (collectively referred to as “Services”), OTOY collects information that you give to us as well as automatically collects information when you use or access the Services.
OTOY is a cloud graphics company that develops software and services for capturing, rendering, and streaming ultra high-resolution photo-realistic computer generated digital media. The company’s core product is OctaneRender®, a GPU-rendering engine for film, games, architectural modeling, and product design. Supporting OctaneRender are a number of digital capture and streaming technologies that enable artists to create and publish immersive digital media experiences. These services include the ORBX Media Player and file format; the LightStage facial scanning service, the Brigade real time rendering engine, the x.io cloud streaming service, and the OctaneRender Cloud® rendering service. In 2017 the company released The Render TokenÔ blockchain network, providing a peer-to-peer GPU compute and 3D media marketplace built on the Ethereum blockchain. OTOY’s headquarters are in Los Angeles, California.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us
Personal information that you may provide through the Services or otherwise communicate with us includes:
- Identity information, such as your first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title or role, date of birth, demographic information and gender;
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide when you send us a message, report a problem with Services, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us; and
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with us.
Personal information that you may give to us directly or provide through the Services include:
- Identity information, such as your name, date of birth, your sales history,
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address, and your telephone number;
- Transaction information, such as purchase activity, contact details, product or service purchase price and date of purchase;
- Usage information, such as information contained in files that you submit, upload or process using OTOY Services; information and files that you submit or upload to the Services; Profile information, such as your forum posts (including the content and date of the post), your photograph (including details about your physical features and dimensions);
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with us; and
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide when you respond to surveys, notify the winners and award prizes, participate in market research activities, report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us.
OTOY may also gather and use information about you from publicly available third-party sources.
Information we get from others
We may obtain additional information about you from third party sources such as CloudFlare and Amazon Web Services to enrich your experience with the Services and provide you with more relevant information in the Services.
Information automatically collected
Sensitive personal information
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send or disclose to us any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise.
Changes to your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by updating your registration profile or emailing us at [email protected].
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection:
To provide the Services
We use your personal information:
- to operate, maintain, administer and improve the Services;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits; developing new products; and operating, maintaining, administering, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- to manage and communicate with you regarding your Services, including by sending you Services announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- to better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services; and
- to respond to your Services-related requests, questions and feedback.
To allow you to participate in contests and other related activities
We may use your personal information to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Additional uses of your personal information may be covered by rules applicable to a specific survey or contest that will be made available to you at the time of your participation.
To send you marketing communications
If you request information from us, use the Services or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you OTOY-related marketing communications, which we believe may be of interest to you, as permitted by law but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
To deliver to you advertising and other OTOY information
We may present products and offers tailored to you, to personalize your experiences on the Services. We may also respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
To create anonymous data
We may create aggregated and other anonymous data from our users’ personal information. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
For security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety
We may use your personal information as we believe appropriate to (a) investigate or prevent violation of the law or our Terms of Services; (b) secure the Services; (c) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property; (d) conduct fraud monitoring and prevention activities; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
For compliance with law; legal claims
We may use your personal information as we believe appropriate (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (c) where permitted by law in connection with a legal investigation; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (f) to prosecute or defend legal claims; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
With your consent
In some cases we may ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when you let us post your testimonials or endorsements in the Services.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third party service provides so that they may administer and provide the Services on our behalf, or provide other services such as marketing, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety. We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials or private parties (a) for the security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above; (b) as required by law, lawful requests or legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (c) where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation; and (d) to prosecute or defend legal claims.
Any payment card information you use to make a purchase on the Services is collected and processed by our third party payment services providers Paypal and Stripe, and we never receive or store your full payment card information. Use of your payment information is governed by the privacy policies of such third party payment service providers, and you agree to look exclusively to such third party payment service providers regarding any concerns that you may have regarding the use or storage of your payment information.
OTOY will use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative steps to protect personal information within OTOY. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be 100% guaranteed and OTOY cannot guarantee the security of your information.
OTOY is headquartered in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
In some of our communications, we track clicks on links in the communications to content in the Services to help us measure the effectiveness of our communications.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
The Service may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties, such as social media platforms, advertising services and other websites and applications. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
We may make available in the Service, or link to, features that allow you to share information online (e.g., on message boards, in chat areas, in file uploads, through events, etc.). Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly-disclosed personal information. By posting personal information online in public forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
Neither OTOY nor its Services are directed at, or intentionally gathers personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to OTOY. If OTOY learns that a child under 13 submits personal information to OTOY, OTOY will take appropriate steps to delete that individual’s personal information and restrict that individual from future access to the Service. If you believe that OTOY may have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact [email protected].
1010 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1604
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Email: [email protected]
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN UNION USERS
Controller, Data Protection Officer and EU Representative
Legal bases for processing
We only use your personal information as permitted by law. We are required to inform you of the legal bases of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below. If you have questions about the legal basis of how we process your personal information, contact us at [email protected].
To provide the Service
You have entered a contract with us and we need to use your personal information to provide services you have requested or take steps that you request prior to providing services.
To send you marketing communications
These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
For compliance with law
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations
With your consent
Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated in the Service or by contacting us at [email protected].
Use for new purposes
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing communications.
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to [email protected] or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm).
Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information out of the European Economic Area or Switzerland and are required to apply additional safeguards to your personal information under European data protection legislation, we will do so. Such safeguards may include applying the European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries described here (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en#international-data-transfers-using-model-contracts), or for transfers to third parties in the United States, ensuring they participate in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Please contact us for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
Cookies and Similar Technologies Notice
Last Updated: January 30, 2019
Cookies are small data files stored in your browser by a website. They transmit information about your use of the site to its operator or to third parties that placed the cookie. Some cookies are “session cookies” that expire when you close your browser, and others are “persistent cookies” that stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them.
Our sites and applications use both session and persistent cookies to enable you to sign in and use our sites and applications, store your preferences and settings within them; analyze how they perform, personalize your experience with them, provide interest-based advertising, facilitate social media interaction and for other lawful purposes. We may also use other similar technologies for these purposes, such as web pixels that track browsing activity, social media widgets that facilitate interaction with social media platforms, unique device identifiers, and third party software embedded in our mobile applications. In some cases, these cookies and similar technologies are used by third parties.
The cookies and similar technologies used in our Site are as follows:
Essential to provide you with services available through our sites and to enable you to use some of their features.
We cannot provide the services our users request without them.
Allow our sites to remember the choices you make when you use our sites.
Intended to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences every time you visit our sites.
Allow you to log into our sites and mobile apps by using your Google or Facebook account credentials.
Collect information about traffic to our sites and mobile applications, and how our users use them, such as the number of visitors, the websites that referred them, the pages they visited, what time of day they visited, whether they have visited before, what features they used and other similar information. We use this information to help operate and improve our sites and mobile applications.
You can prevent the use of the analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing the browser plugin.
Mix Panel: Learn more information about Mix Panel cookies here: https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/
Cloudflare: Learn more information about Cloudflare here: https://www.cloudflare.com/cookie-policy/
Used by advertising companies to collect information about how you use our sites and mobile applications and other sites and applications over time. These companies use this information to show you ads they believe will be relevant to you within our sites and mobile applications and elsewhere, and to measure how the ads perform.
Used by social media widgets that enable “like” buttons and allow you to share content within our sites and applications on social media. Your social media platform may be able to link information or actions about your interactions with our sites and applications to your account with them.
Please see your social media platform’s privacy policies for more details.
Disabling cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience on our sites. For example, you may not be able to store preferences in our sites. If you disable cookies, certain features of our website may not work.
For more information about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page, or http://youronlinechoices.eu.
Limiting mobile application tracking. Most mobile devices provide settings that will let you limit collection of your information for advertising. To learn more see http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice.